The A-list was circling now, wanting a taste of D’s authentic flavor. When Madonna turned 39, she asked him to sing “Happy Birthday” at her party. One press report had her sitting on his lap and French-kissing him. In fact, two sources say that ultimately D rebuffed her advances at another gathering not long after. At that event, the sources say, Madonna walked over and told a woman sitting next to D, “I think you’re in my seat.” The woman got up. Madonna sat down and told him, “I’d like to know what you’re thinking.” To which D replied, “I’m thinking you’re rude.
This is definitely my favorite part of GQ’s article about D’Angelo’s comeback.
- samcozy likes this
- nativescience likes this
- sostreetsahead reblogged this from mobbdeen
- mobbdeen reblogged this from strictlyalright
- marcelagw reblogged this from strictlyalright
- marcelagw likes this
- katherinestasaph likes this
- theblueprint likes this
- bouffantofbaul likes this
- strictlyalright posted this