I’m always hesitant to claim that any movie “changed my life,” but this one actually did. At the time I first saw it, I’d never considered the possibility of telling a story without narrative. It changed the way I thought about all art, and it made me want to be a weirder person.
Chuck Klosterman on Richard Linklater’s Slacker. So if you want to pin the former’s existence as he currently is on anyone, blame Linklater. Also, “it made me want to be a weirder person”? Ugh.
- doctordisaster likes this
- thatisawesome likes this
- murkytimeistimeschool said: it seems like there was a time when people really liked klosterman. is it that he used to be good or that people used to be dumb or that i just wasn’t paying attention to the right people?
- misterhippity reblogged this from clarencerosario and added:
- strictlyalright likes this
- clarencerosario reblogged this from muchlessmuchmore and added:
- jhermann likes this
- the20000 likes this
- muchlessmuchmore reblogged this from strictlyalright and added:
- muchlessmuchmore likes this
- strictlyalright posted this