- Sean: is there anything worse than saying something is "like jazz"
- me: whaddayamean
- Sean: It's just a thing I hear a lot
- and it's annoying
- me: i never hear it
- Sean: in this case, Stewart Lee, a stand-up I like a lot, comparing stand-up to jazz
- also I think my boo Vince Gilligan once compared doing the show to jazz
- how can everything be like jazz
- me: life is like jazz bro
- sometimes it's free
- sometimes it's experimental
- and sometimes life is just NPR
- Sean: so true
- You know what isn't like jazz, is the Fall
It’s a month-long contract position but it’s something. I’m a “photo editor”, which apparently involves looking at many photos and writing captions for said photos that will be used for a national airline’s relaunch of their vacation package website.
Basically, how many times can I write and rewrite, “Enjoy the stunning vistas of _____ while you lay back and enjoy a _____”.
I’m really excited for my resume.
And in general, too. It’s been too long since I’ve been employed and it’ll be nice to get some pocket change in the ol’ wallet.
Okay, I’m off to work on my corporate writing voice!
P.S. Gmail has a very curious definition of “Important”. The e-mail I got about this position (a friend recommended me) was not marked with the golden tag but yet, e-mails about terrible tweets, Jedward meeting Obama, and Louis CK have been marked with said tag. I guess Google actually does know my priorities in life, after all.
I don’t want to trivialize the inhumane horrors that video gamers endured when the PlayStation Network went down. But after this afternoon, being without Twitter, I feel the discomfort and pain endemic to the current online experience has certain curious similarities.
It can’t be a mere coincidence that I’m sitting beside someone wearing a Canucks tee and that this bus smells like skunky weed.